With the parts primed I first clecoed the doublers and bottom rib to the spar and riveted them in place. I’d never riveted before so this was a nervy experience but turned out to be real easy and straightforward. After…
Two weeks in England and now one week at work mean there has been no physical progress on the plane but I did buy some work supplies and, more importantly, I bought the drawings and manuals making me an official builder. Oh, and the maximum weight of the plane has increased.
Left work early today to get ready for my trip to the UK tomorrow. Got home, saw the pieces on the bench and couldn’t resist doing a little deburring. I tried using a flat file but didn’t seem to be doing too well so switched to a large drill bit instead – a quarter turn seemed to do the trick.
Day 2: Attach rudder horn to bottom rib; drill and cleco bottom rib to spar; installed rear ribs 2, 3, 4, and the nose rib; drilled bent stip and attached it and the tip rib to the spar. Rudder skeleton fully assembled. 2h 30m