I was tempted to leave the l-angles how they were and I suspect I would not have fallen out of the sky if I had done that. But it isn’t a great hardship or expense (I will need to order new forward angles as I had already cut the ones I had) so I decided to put it right. I went back to the hangar this morning, removed the l-angles and installed new ones that were of the correct length.
Here’s the view from the outside.
In other news, I ordered some coaxial cable and connectors and they arrived over the weekend. I need to find someone with a stripping and crimping tool I can borrow, though there is a lot I want to do before I break the two parts apart again.